This Complaints Policy can also be downloaded in PDF format.
complaint – any claim that can reasonably be regarded as such, made orally or in writing, with regard to the services provided by the lawyer, made known by or on behalf of the client.
complainant – the client or his representative who issues a complaint.
complaints procedure – the procedure used at the office for handling complaints.
complaints policy – this document, being the written representation of the complaints procedure used at the office.
complaints officer – the person, not being the lawyer against whom the complaint is directed, to whom the handling of the complaint has been transferred.
complaints registration form – an internal form to implement the procedure laid down in the complaints procedure.
The objectives of the complaints policy are
- to establish a procedure to deal with complaints from clients within a reasonable term in a constructive way.
- Establishing a procedure to determine the causes of customer complaints.
- maintaining and improving existing relationships through good complaints handling.
- train employees to respond to complaints in a client-oriented way.
- improvement of the quality of the services with the help of complaints handling and complaints analysis.
3. INFORMING THE CLIËNT
The general terms and conditions of this office mention the existence of an internal complaints procedure. If a client reports a complaint with regard to the service, the lawyer points out that the office has a complaints procedure and will provide the client with a copy of this regulation upon request.
4. DE INTERNE KLACHTENPROCEDURE
- When a client approaches the office in any way with a complaint, the lawyer concerned must be informed.
- The lawyer involved tries to find a solution together with the client, with or without consulting the complaints officer.
- The lawyer concerned or the complaints officer shall ensure that the complaint is handled properly with due observance of the present complaints procedure.
- Confidentiality must be guaranteed under all circumstances.
- The decision on the complaint will be communicated to the client.
5. REGISTRATION AND CLASSIFICATION OF THE COMPLAINT
- All complaints are registered according to the complaints registration form.
- The complaints officer registers and classifies the complaint.
- The complaint is classified
- by way of submission as
- in writing
- according to the nature of the complaint according to the categories below
- complaints about the method of / treatment by the lawyer
- complaints about legal-content aspects of the service
- complaints about financial aspects of the service
- complaints about practice in general
- by way of submission as
- A complaint can be divided into several classes.
- If the complaint has been handled satisfactorily, the lawyer involved and the complaints officer will sign the complaints registration form.
- The lawyer involved and then the complaints officer are responsible for the handling and settlement of the complaints.
- The complaints officer is responsible for fully completing the complaints registration form.
- The lawyer involved keeps the complaints officer informed of the further processing of the complaint.
- The complaint must be handled by the office in writing within four weeks.
- The complaints officer will respond to the complainant.
- The complaints officer keeps a record of the complaint file.
7. INTERNAL DISCUSSION
- Once a year, the complaints data are discussed at the office on the basis of an analysis.
- Any measures to improve services and prevent new complaints are prepared and planned.
8. PREVENTIVE ACTION
- On the basis of the annual analysis as referred to in article 8.1, the office decides on the preventive measures to be taken to improve the quality of the service.
- The measures to be taken are presented together with the analysis in the office meeting.
This complaints procedure was amended on 28 December 2014. The partnership Zilver Advocaten reserves the right to change this regulation.